NEW MEMBER TRAINING
nEW MEMBER TRAINING
New Member Training is two weekends which consist of 3 classroom days and 1 field day.
Dates: March 11-12 & 18-19, 2023
Location: Island City Fire Station,10200 S. McAllister Road in Island City (by D&B Supply)
Students must complete these classes prior to attending in-person training.
- ICS 100 (FEMA Online Course: https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=is-100.c&lang=en)
- Intro to SAR and Legal Considerations (YouTube Link -Click Here)
- Legal Considerations (YouTube Link – Click Here)
- Map, Compass, and Coordinate Systems:
- UTM Coordinate Systems (YouTube Link – Click Here)
- USNG Coordinate Systems (YouTube Link – Click Here)
- Latitude and Longitude Systems (YouTube Link – Click Here)
- SAR Radios and Communications (YouTube Link – Click Here)
- Searcher Safety (YouTube Link – Click Here)
- Helicopter Operations (Click Here)
Trainees will be required to bring personal “24-hour packs” containing shelter building, fire starting, signaling, and basic survival items to the field day on Sunday, March 19 (speak to your training officer or SAR coordinator about what items your agency requires).
Trainees will be responsible for providing their own meals.
For questions or any issues that arise during the training contact Nick Vora at 541-350-2182 firstname.lastname@example.org